Are you wondering how you can make that perfect pizza that will outdo any other delicacies? You may lack the wood-fired oven but here is a recipe that will help you perfect in the art of making Neapolitan pizza. While making the pizza in the Neapolitan style, it is important to remember that the pizza requires that you knead the flour with your hands. Also, you should not roll the dough with any mechanical tool whatsoever. Keeping in mind that you want to retain the authentic taste of the ancient Neapolitan pizza, you have to use the right ingredients. Some of the ingredients that are a must have are Italian flour, Marzano tomatoes, and mozzarella.
Here are some ingredients depending on what you what to make
For the Dough:
- Four cups of Italian bread flour
- Some dusting flours
- One teaspoonful salt
- One teaspoonful fresh active yeast
- 1 ½ cups of lukewarm water
- Cooking spray, which you can replace with olive oil, used for coating the containers
For the toppings:
- One can full of Italian peeled tomatoes. You can use San Marzano for the sauce
- Four tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Grounded black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Few leaves of fresh basil
- Some dried Oregano
- chopped mozzarella
- virgin oil for sprinkling
- One garlic sliced clove
- One finely chopped rosemary spring
- 30g grated taleggio
- Two parts of breadcrumb
- ½ chopped courgette
- ¼ sliced aubergine
- One sliced prosciutto
- Some rocket leaves.
All the above toppings work to bring out the desired flavor on the pizza.
1. Preparing the Neapolitan pizza starts with preheating the oven at around 500 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix your flour and salt in the appropriate amounts n the ingredients. Dispense the fresh yeast into the lukewarm water. Add the water to the flour to produce a pliable dough. Ensure that your dough forms a unified mass that s non-stick to the bowl. If the flour sticks on the bowl while kneading, keep adding some flour until your dough does not stick. Do not make the dough too dry, however.
3. Knead the dough into a big ball, leaving it to stand for at five minutes. Cover it with clean clothing. After, split the dough into two and knead each while forming balls out of them. Take a clean kitchen cloth, sprinkle some flour on it. Put your dough on the clothing dusted with flour and cover using a little bit damp cloth for about thirty minutes. Leaving it for thirty minutes gives the dough time to rise.
4. While making the sauce, you can blend the tomatoes to attain a chunky liquid. Add salt and pepper to the liquid and mix thoroughly to acquire a homogenous taste.
5. Look for some clean dusting space and sprinkle some flour. Use your fingers for spreading the dough to a circular shape. Do not worry if the circle is not perfect. Ensure that you spread the dough to a pancake size thickness, being cautious that the dough does not split while spreading. Take two large, flat baking sheets and sprinkle some breadcrumbs on them. Place the pizza balls bases on the baking sheets.
6. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over each pizza ball making sure that you do not put too much of the sauce. A lot of the sauce can make the pizza to go soggy. Hence you have to be cautious.
7. For the toppings, you can decide on what you want to add for the flavoring. Sprinkle olive oil and parmesan cheese, add basil leaves, top oregano, and top with mozzarella cheese.
8. Place the prepared raw pizza in the hot oven and wait for seven minutes. Depending on how you want to serve it, you can leave it for a longer time to make it crispy. Once it is ready, take it out of the oven, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and serve. Do not wait for the pizza to go cold since it can no longer be appetizing.
9. Repeat the procedure for the remaining balls you had made.
Even though many may interpret making Neapolitan pizza as a daunting experience, it is an art that everyone can perfect. Making Neapolitan pizza is not rocket science. All you must do is follow the above recipe for the best results.