Let us all agree that almost all of us love eating pizza. Some like it thin with a lot of toppings while others love it otherwise. It is all dependent on the tastes of the consumer, and there are limitless ingredient options, sauce recipes, and topping variations to satisfy these tastes. You can make your own pizza at home using pizza recipes. Pepperoni pizza is always the best, and preparing it is just the opposite for those individuals who don’t have an idea where to start. But not anymore. You can follow the simple steps highlighted below to learn how to make your own Pizza without hustle.
Essential Tools and Ingredients to Make the Best Pepperoni Pizza
- Wheat Flour: use all-purpose wheat flour to produce the best crust.
- Yeast: use a substantiated brand of yeast to get a perfect rise and a tough crust.
- Pepperoni: look for a pepperoni brand that produces the best texture and flavor of your choice to avoid extra-greasy and rubbery feel on your pizza.
- Cheese: select a cheese brand that offers you the extra cheesy flavor, and that melts down effectively.
- Pan: this tool is often overlooked, but it makes a big significance on your pizza. A good pizza pan provides a uniform distribution of heat, retains heat, is easy to clean, and sustains up to high temperatures to help make an ideal crust with a crunchy bottom side and a subtle tough inside.
- Pizza Dough: make a pizza dough that is chewy in the inside but firm on the outside.
- Pizza sauce: selecting the right pizza sauce ensures the extra delicious taste of your pizza.
- Pizza tools: these are tools used for slicing, grating, and chopping your ingredients to your heart’s desires.
- ½ to ¾ cups of water (lukewarm)
- 1½ tablespoons of prepared yeast
- One tablespoon of sugar
- 1½ tablespoons of salt
- ¼ cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 6¼ cups of all-purpose unbleached wheat flour
- ½ cup of pizza sauce
- Pepperoni (Margherita Brand)
- One teaspoon of Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups of Galbani Mozzarella Cheese
- One tablespoon of grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tablespoon of melted butter
- Two teaspoons of Cheese (Kraft Parmesan)
- One teaspoon of Garlic Salt (Lawry’s)
1. Put the yeast, sugar, olive oil, and salt in the bowl of your mixer and mix them with water. The mixer should be fitted with a dough hook accessory to knead the dough efficiently and quickly.
2. Add flour slowly without molding.
3. Remove the dough and put it in a big bowl. Wrap the dough (not airtight), and let it rest for approximately two hours at room temperature. The dough should be allowed to rest until it rises and collapses, or flattens on the upper side.
4. You can use the dough right away after the first rise. However, when you use the dough after cooling, it produces a good quality crust and is easier to deal with.
5. Refrigerate in a closed container that is not airtight from where you can use it for more than the next 12 days.
1. Allow the oven to heat to up to 500 to 550 degrees Celsius if your oven has the capability. Not grill.
2. Place the pan in the oven to heat it.
3. Spread out the pizza dough into a big circle by grasping it with your hands and spinning it in the clockwise direction, holding rapidly with both hands consecutively or by rolling the dough. However, you can roll it out if you want.
4. Put the pizza in a parchment paper or a pizza wheel to enable you to put the dough on the pan.
5. Take the pan out of the oven and put the dough on the pan
6. Working briskly, spread a small amount of sauce on the pizza and then top using pepperoni and both kinds of cheese.
7. Scatter two tablespoons of cheese on top of the ready pizza.
8. Mix the butter with the olive oil and polish the crust then scatter the garlic and Parmesan salt on throughout the coating.
9. Bake for six to eight minutes
10. Take out the pizza from the oven and let it cool for two minutes then slice into pieces.
Try out this recipe to enjoy a delicious home-made pepperoni pizza with your friends and family within 12 minutes!
Looking for some cool Kids Entertainment is not at all difficult. In fact, there are some awesome theme based parties held off and on in Sydney which makes it one of the most popular spots in the world where kid’s Entertainment is given such priority. One such concept is hosting a creative Pizza making a birthday party.
Here is a good recipe for the sauce, that makes enough for three big pizzas, and keeps well in the refrigerator:
- Two, fifteen-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- Two, six-ounce cans of tomato paste
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- One-half teaspoon of anise seed
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil powder
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pizza seasoning (I prefer Frontier Pizza salt-free brand).
Mix these ingredients in a large bowl with a big fork for several minutes to blend the tomato paste with the sauce, and to mix the seasonings. Then, cover it with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator for several hours or more, to let the flavors diffuse.
In addition to pizza sauce, you must have a pizza crust. You can buy them or bake your own. If you bought a pizza crust or shell, it probably does not require to be precooked. Homemade dough is always precooked.
If you have a dough, preheat a pizza stone (baking stone) in the oven at 350 degrees. Take the dough out of the bowl, and put it on a plastic baking mat. Plastic mats work best on cutting boards made of wood.
If you have a dough, use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a circle, about 18 inches wide, or to match your pizza screen size. When the rolling is done, place the pizza screen on the dough. Flip the plastic mat upside down, and carefully roll the dough onto the pizza screen. If any parts of the dough extend past the pizza screen, fold it back.
Then, put the pizza screen with the dough in the oven, and precook the crust for about fifteen minutes. Then take it out, and place it on the cutting board, or another heat-proof surface. Then, turn the oven up to 450 to 480 degrees.
To assemble your pizza, spread the sauce on it. What cheese should you use for your pizza? Usually, 2 kinds of cheese work best. I recommend about 4 ounces of Monterey Jack and eight ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese. If you use the second cheese, cut it into cubes. I put 1/2 inch cubes of Monterey Jack on the pizza, especially an inch away from the edges, then mozzarella, and then I put the toppings on.
What toppings will you pick? Most toppings like mushrooms, meats, and peppers, should be microwaved or cooked first, to cook them most of the way, and the liquids drained first, to avoid a soggy pizza. If the toppings are too hot, a large knife or cleaver may be used to hold them, and you can flick them onto the pizza.
After all the toppings are on the pizza, bake it for about ten to twelve minutes, checking it at 8 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted, and just a little bit brown. When it is done, turn off the oven.
Then, take the pizza out, and put it on the cutting board. Using both a big knife and an oven mitt at the same time works well to move a heavy pizza out of a hot oven. It is a good idea first to cover the cutting board with paper towels.
When the pizza is safely out of the oven, slide the pizza off the metal screen, onto the cutting board. Occasionally you need to use a knife to run under the screen, to gently push away any stuck areas of the pizza from the screen. Move the screen back in the oven, and let it cool there.
This is the hard part – leave the pizza alone for at least 1/2 an hour. It will be a big pizza, and it will stay very hot for a long time. Then, slice it with a cleaver or big knife and enjoy. Wrap leftovers in tin foil, but not when the slices are hot, because they may stick to the tin foil. The pizza will be very good.
Have you ever wondered how famous restaurants like Pizza Hut and Domino’s make their pizzas. Here’s how the dough its made!